A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Almost 7 weeks

After

Before

Skull View



Yesterday and today I've been having "shocks" or "pulses" throughout my upper lip and nose. They take me by storm and cause me to cry out. At night my ears and sinuses have been very sore again. Yesterday when brushing I noticed a hole. An actual hole in the flesh where it had rubbed against my braces. It really didn't hurt, but was quite swollen. Of course, I hadn't felt it because I still am so numb.

Today was my second day of work and it was rough.

I've enclosed my post surgery Xrays. Did you notice the tilt to my upper front teeth and jaw? I can see it now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am no x-ray interpretation experts, but I can see a difference. May I suggest examining the inside of your mouth every night for raw spots? I suggest this to diabetic patients who need to check their feet every night, since they can't feel if they have been injured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a robot!!! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever watched "Blade Runner"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I just saw your post on my blog. Thank you for the encouraging words. I am praying that your recovery will progress fully and quickly! You are such a trooper....I don't know how you've maintained your sanity throughout all of this.

    -Sending hugs your way,
    Cece

    ReplyDelete