A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Friday, May 20, 2011

A week of work

I've been back to work for a week now. I was worried about being fatigued, but actually I am feeling okay. Today I was in a meeting, and I found myself drooling down the the front of my shirt. Thank goodness I had my trusty towel my bad and mopped it up. It is better overall.

Two different people told me I looked swollen today. Another told me I had "chipmunk cheeks". I am still pretty swollen lately. It is worse in the morning after sleeping and lying flat. My eye sockets are still bruised and yellow/brownish. Concealer covers it up.

Otherwise, I am doing well. Still very numb.

Have to post some pictures!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi....Just stopping by to wish you well. Hopefully, your swelling will do a disappearing act sooner than later. I'm glad to hear that your first week back wasn't too terrible. Hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy so i was just going thru your blog and my god!!! you have been thru hell!
    you are really strong, awh man how do you manage with all this? your amazing wow
    the swelling is annoying, at first it goes by fast and then it just starts to take its slow time..-_-

    just keep strong, im praying everything gets easier soon..

    ReplyDelete