A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

3 weeks

Oh how I've longed for this day! I'm still hanging in there.

SLEEP - The last two nights I did sleep; Monday night - all night!! Last night I fell asleep at 9:00 pm and woke up at 12:00 am until 1:15 am when I took pain meds and had a snack. I then slept until 7:30 when a child played an electronic Barbie Laptop in the kitchen. Thanks sweetie!

ORTHODONTIST - Yesterday, I went to the Orthodontist. All the staff there is so kind; they treat me like a celebrity. The Ortho took a quick look and thought I looked great! He even gave me a hug. I don't have to go back until I get the splint out; and then the work begins. Hopefully that means the splint is coming out right on schedule at six weeks. Please?

EATING - I've been practice eating some more. Yesterday it took me 20 minutes to eat a third of a banana. Yesterday my neighbor bought me some gluten free raisin bread that is really crumbly (gluten free baked goods can be quite crumbly in general) and I've been trying to ingest little morsels of that which I've enjoyed. Last night Paul brought me Indian food like palak paneer (spinach w/paneer cheese cubes) that didn't even need blending and lentils. I found it to be a touch spicy for my taste, even after blending with some greek yogurt and cottage cheese. But it was nice to have something different.


PAIN/NUMBNESS - nose, lips, chin, cheeks completely numb. I had some ear pain last night in the middle of the night. Usually my chin starts aching and feeling cold in the evenings.

Trying to decide what to do for Easter. Weather is supposed to be crummy. Not up to a lot of travel. Can't go out to eat. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment