A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 6-7

I think there becomes a point in people's surgery where they "hit the wall" so to speak. The worst part has come, and things have hit rock bottom and will improve from this point. I really hoped I reached that part yesterday. Because it was awful. I don't want to get any worse than totally miserable. I'm a step up from miserable today.

I don't remember if I blogged about this yesterday, but I woke up with a lot of swelling around my eye. New swelling. There also was the foulest nastiest sulfur taste and smell in my mouth. Yesterday, my nasal fluid had become thin and clear. It was orange and brown and puss like and did I mention the taste in my mouth? It make me want to vomit it is like rotten eggs.



I called the resident on call and came in. He said my bite wasn't in the splint and added about four more bands. Gee, thanks. He also said my mouth was dirty with food (I am trying so hard, you try to clean your damn banded shut with no feeling drooly mouth). He wasn't sure if it was an infection or not (It is, and I am sure it is a sulfurous bacteria like Actinomyces). I was given Clindamycin to take 20 ml four times a day. I think I notice a small difference today.








If you are considering this procedure, please be informed about all the potential awfulness this may involve. I'm also pretty darn depressed. I am lucky I have so many people to care about me..

No comments:

Post a Comment