A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 11- Day of Pain

I am still taking about 400 mg of Ibuprofen every six hours. The Lortab (narcotic) I take usually around 8:00 pm because my muscles and sinuses are singing a pain song by that time. If I take Lortab during the day, I usually have to sleep it off approximatly 2 hours after taking it. Then I feel yucky and hung over. How do people function on this stuff? I feel guilty whenever I take it, like I don't really need it and am getting addicted to this stuff.

It's no secret I've had pain behind my eyes and in the sinuses immediately below my cheeks. It's this terrible dull ache and quite intense. The rest of my face is still somewhat numb and I get zings and burning twinges of the nerves coming back. This can be uncomfortable. The sinus/cheek pain started yesterday afternoon (I had it a couple of days ago), and didn't stop much of the afternoon. By the time Paul brough V home I realized I should have taken the pain meds. I took them around 6:00 pm and they did not help. Around 9:00 I took more ibuprofen. I was crying and putting a heating pad and writhing around in the chair it was so awful. Then my chin started zinging and hurting. Finally, I must have fallen asleep.

This morning - Day 12, I woke up feeling a little dizzy (ugh oh) and a little nauseous. I pray and beg that this doesn't develop into something.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they could give you something for the nerve pain, like gabapentin or Lyrica?

    ReplyDelete