A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

29 days - 4 weeks - on month!

I made it!

*I've written a recap of my surgery as I remember it with pictures - March 31st blog post. Check it out and the pictures.
*I received the bill sent to my insurance. It didn't include my surgeon's fees, but still came in around $27,000. Oh my gosh. Wow. I'll have to scan and post it, because it is pretty interesting.
*There is still a lot of stitches left in my mouth. When are these going to dissolve/fall out/disappear?
*My swelling is very good. However, I still notice some puffiness in my cheeks and lips.
*My lips and chin are completely numb. My nose is still 50% numb, but I have seen improvement.
* I'm doing a little soft chew now and it is great!! I dipped some gluten free bread in hot soup (delish!), a ripe banana with peanut butter(Hmmm), and and some whitefish (yum).
*The drooling is still pretty awful. And frequent.
I've attached some pictures, but please remember that I have no makeup on, and my hair isn't done. They aren't the most flattering. Tomorrow I am going to put on makeup!! Can you see the bruising and remnants of my black eyes? My nose is still a little crooked which is normal. I like the way it looks from the side, the front I am still getting used to.




3 comments:

  1. I think you look good, even despite the bruises. Hard to imagine you're still that bruised a whole month later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Jennifer! Gosh, we are still so amazed at what you've gone through. Amazing, amazing work done by your great doctors. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Thanks for keeping up your blog with updates! I find every new accomplishment an amazing feat with what you have gone through. I do hope you get some of the feeling back in your face real soon. In fact, ever! You're a strong woman. Vi must be so confused about it all. :) Best wishes, Jen. The Kammerzell's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just fund your blog, Im having some dental surgery at the mo, so have been following other people's experiences as I find this really helps. I just wanted to say I think you are so brave and Im so sorry that you have had to go through so much before being able to get on the road to getting things sorted. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you get the result you hope for. It's going to be fantastic! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete