A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 13 - what do I eat

Someone is always asking me, what can you "eat" these days? Can you drink through a straw? I wish I could, but my lips are still numb and it is too difficult. I'm only down 4 lbs since the surgery; I had lost 2 prior to that due to not being to chew well after receiving my lower implant denture and it being so high that my back molars didn't touch rendering me unable to chew much food.

Yesterday I ate:

9:30 am - two eggs blended with some milk and butter. Water. a sweet potato blended with protein powder and vanilla soy milk.
12:30 pm - two cups of blended homemade corn chowder my husband made for me. 1 cup fruit smoothie (frozen fruit, soy milk, protein powder, little greek yogurt)
2:45 - became very hungry. blended 1/2 c rotisserie chicken, no salt organic chicken broth, instant mashed potatoes, butter and drank it. Delish!
6:00 pm - 1/2 refried beans, little greek yogurt, guacamole blended. Another small smoothie.
10:00 pm - felt a bit nibbly. Drank half of a 210 calorie vanilla muscle milk drink.

It's an added challenge eating gluten free. I also eat a fairly high protein diet, so it's difficult to eat so many carbs.

If you have any good ideas, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hm, no ideas here other than the fruit smoothie you are already eating. The ones you've made sound pretty creative.

    ReplyDelete