A 30-something with genetically missing teeth, impinging overbite, severely closed bite, 16 missing teeth, braces in 1986 & 2007, dental implants and three jaw surgeries undergoes 4th surgery. All these problems are due to an inherited AXIN2 genetic mutation.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 10 - double digits

I guess it is no secret I wish to leave this experience far behind me. Yesterday I saw a little improvement, but boy you guys, is it slow. I took a shower. And I loaded the dishwasher. During which I became short of breath. I then convinced myself I had a pulmonary embolism. Sigh. I think my Hemoglobin is low actually. I was anemic going into surgery and I see my Hemoglobin was down to 9.5 post surgery. Plus I'm not eating enough. A typical day I will "drink" blended rice cereal with peanut butter & soy milk, blended mashed potatoes w/broth & margarine, 2 boxes of high protein drink, maybe some more soup and a smoothie. Maybe 700 calories a day. It takes so looonggg to get everything ready and then to prepare it and eat it. Paul brought me home some blended (yay, saves time) lentil soup from the middle eastern restaurant last night and I drank two large cups of it.

I miss my routine. I miss work and being able to play and be responsible for my daughter. My husband is traditionally at the office until between 730-930 each night, he's had to do daycare drop off plus pick up so he is home by 5:20 most evenings. I like it but I know is extremely difficult from a workload standpoint.



The verdicts:
Down 5 lbs in weight
still red pus sinus drainage, but becoming clearer. When will this end ????
nose is so sore and crusty from drainage and wiping
Still can't breathe via nose
still hurts to wear glasses
Still haven't driven anywhere
Swelling is waaaayyyy down.
Still drooling. Lips are still numb and swollen.
my lower jaw slides around in and out of the split frequently. I don't think it is supposed to be doing that.
Still on antibiotics
Not taking much pain meds. Lortab maybe before bed when all the muscles are tired. Ibuprofen regularly to help with swelling
Much of my face is still numb. The nerves pulse and burn and surge frequently and it is a little uncomfortable.

I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. Are you dehydrated? Getting enough fluid? Glad to hear the swelling is down though. It will get better- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete